Third (2019-2020) Annual “Responsible Research in Management” Award
Co-Sponsored by the
Community for Responsible Research in Business and Management and
Call for Nominations
Submission deadline : November 15, 2019
Responsible research is defined as studies that produce both credible and useful knowledge. Credibility refers to the reliability and validity or trustworthiness of the findings, in either inductive or deductive work, using either qualitative or quantitative data, or both. Usefulness refers to the potential of the knowledge to inform policies and practices. The purpose of responsible research is to encourage methodologically rigorous and societally beneficial studies, which contributes knowledge with the potential to make the world a better place. We call for nominations of published work that exemplifies the principles of responsible research.
The Community for Responsible Research in Business and Management (RRBM) is dedicated to inspiring, encouraging, and supporting credible and useful research in the business and management disciplines. Visit rrbm.network for the RRBM mission, the range of supporters, readings, and activities. The International Association for Chinese Management Research (IACMR) is a scholarly association dedicated to advancing research and practice in Chinese management. The IACMR holds a biennial conference and publishes a scholarly journal Management and Organization Research (Cambridge University Press) and a Chinese language magazine Management Insight (jointly with Fudan University, China).
A Committee of Academic and Executive Reviewers
A strong team of academics and executives will assess the nominations. The Committee comprises accomplished scholars, including Fellows of professional associations as well as senior executives from leading organizations. The Academic reviewers will assess the nominations for both credibility and usefulness while the executive members will focus primarily on the potential usefulness of the research findings to inform societally beneficial management or business practices.
- Award-winning papers will be recognized and be featured on both RRBM and IACMR websites.
- Award winners will receive a certificate of recognition from the joint sponsors and a recognition letter jointly signed by RRBM and IACMR will be sent to the relevant deans and department heads.
- The list will be publicized via listservs of management associations, and other forms of public or social media platforms, in addition to the two sponsors’ websites.
- The award winners will be given the opportunity to have their articles translated into Chinese and published in China in an edited book.
- Selected winners will be invited to present their work at the biennial IACMR conference, to be held in Xi’an, China on June 17 to 21, 2020.
We accept nominations or self-nominations of empirical research articles or research books, in the English language and published in the recent five years (2015-2019), that meet the following criteria:
- Research that exemplifies the Seven Principles of Responsible Research.
- The research can be on any level of analysis (individual, team, organization, society), for any kind of organization (business, non-profit, government, ) and may focus on any region of the world.
- The article should be published (or accepted) in a refereed journal, and the book by a university or academic press, such as Harvard, Stanford, Oxford, Wiley, Sage, Routledge, etc.
- A PDF copy of the article or the book, a pre-print or finalized manuscript for in press article or book.
- A cover letter in two single-spaced pages or no more than 1000 words that describes or includes
- Why this work (research article or book) deserves to be considered for the Award;
- If possible: a) evidence on how this work has made a positive impact on practice, and b) how this work has been disseminated to stakeholders beyond the academic community;
- If the work is a research project on a macro level phenomenon (firm, industry or society) or a micro level phenomenon (individual or team); and
- The nominee’s current affiliation and contact information (phone and email address), as well as nominator’s name, affiliation and email address.
- Submit nomination materials (PDF of work/book and a cover letter) to awards[at]rrbm.network by November 15, 2019 with this subject heading: Nomination of macro/micro article or book for RRM award.
- The decision of the award will be announced on or before February 15, 2020.
- Please contact Anne Tsui at awards[at]rrbm.network for any inquiry about the award or nomination procedure.